If you have a question for us, please do get in touch!
General enquiries: email@example.com
Media and press enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events enquiries: email@example.com
Dean of Birmingham
Birmingham Cathedral is led by The Dean of Birmingham, The Very Reverend Matt Thompson.
The Reverend Canon Dr Josephine Houghton oversees day-to-day liturgy.
The Reverend Canon Andy Delmege oversees cathedral outreach and mission.
The Reverend Colleen Shekerie oversees pastoral care.
Staff team – heads of department
- CEO – Anna Pitt
- Head of Music – David Hardie
- Assistant Head of Music – Ashley Wagner
- Head of Facilities – Mike Farrand
- Head of Commercial Events – Tracy Taylor
- Head of Communications – Rebecca Preece
- Head of Finance – Sheila Watley
- Head of Admin / PA to The Dean – April Steadman
Join our team
We are always looking for volunteers to join our team, in order to help welcome visitors to our beautiful cathedral. More information is on our volunteer page.
Hire the cathedral
Did you know that Birmingham Cathedral can be hired for private events and functions? Our centrally-located, flexible space is used for a variety of events.
Weddings at the cathedral
As a Church of England parish church, we welcome enquiries from those interested in holding their wedding with us.
You may be able to marry here if you:
- Live in the parish, or
- Worship at the cathedral on a regular basis, or
- Have a legal ‘qualifying connection’ with the cathedral
If you would like to explore this further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full names and contact details.
We can also hold baptisms, blessings and funerals.
Find us on