If you have a question for us, please get in touch!
General enquiries: email@example.com
Media and press enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events enquiries: email@example.com
The Dean of Birmingham
Birmingham Cathedral is led by The Dean of Birmingham, The Very Reverend Matt Thompson.
The Reverend Canon Dr Josephine Houghton oversees day-to-day liturgy.
The Reverend Canon Andy Delmege oversees cathedral outreach and mission.
The Reverend Colleen Shekerie oversees pastoral care.
Staff team – heads of department
- CEO – Anna Pitt
- Head of Music – David Hardie
- Assistant Head of Music – Ashley Wagner
- Head of Facilities – Mike Farrand
- Head of Commercial Events – Tracy Taylor
- Head of Communications – Rebecca Preece
- Head of Finance – Sheila Watley
- Head of Admin / PA to The Dean – April Steadman
- Head of Learning – Harriet Ellis
Hire the cathedral
Did you know that Birmingham Cathedral can be hired for private events and functions? Our centrally-located, flexible space is used for a variety of events.
Weddings at the cathedral
As a Church of England parish church, we welcome enquiries from those interested in holding their wedding with us.
You may be able to marry here if you:
- Live in the parish, or
- Worship at the cathedral on a regular basis, or
- Have a legal ‘qualifying connection’ with the cathedral
If you would like to explore this further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full names and contact details.
Find us on