See below our current vacancies to join our staff team:
Admin Support Officer
The Admin Support Officer will provide administrative support to both the senior and wider cathedral team. This is a key role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day function of the cathedral and involves working closely with all members of the cathedral team.
About this role
- Responsible to: PA to the Dean
- Hours: 25 hours per week
- Salary: £19,739 full-time equivalent (£13,339 actual)
- Pension: 8% Employer’s Contributory Pension subject to meeting auto enrolment criteria
- Annual leave: 36 days (including bank holidays) based on a 5-day working week.
This role is subject to a 3-month probationary period.
The Admin Support Officer is a point of contact for external enquiries to the cathedral office team, and for the cathedral congregation, including oversight of the main ‘enquiries’ email address, dealing with phone enquiries, at times members of the public and signposting as
required. This will also involve:
- Answering the cathedral phone and dealing with enquiries and signposting.
- Dealing with the incoming (date stamping and distributing as necessary) and outgoing post (taking to the post office).
- Providing an administrative link within the cathedral office including dealing with the post/documents, handling deliveries and internal stock control (leaflets, posters, fliers etc.).
- Updating the cathedral database (CMS) as and when required.
- Ordering stationery and monitoring stock levels regularly to ensure these are maintained.
- Monitoring the printing and dealing with the photocopier engineers and monitoring stock levels of consumables and ordering when required.
- Providing general administration duties in terms of filing, copying and scanning as required by the wider cathedral team.
- Ensuring that refreshment stocks are maintained for the team.
- Preparing meeting rooms and ordering refreshments / lunches for meetings.
- Supporting Heads of Department on an ad-hoc basis to offer administrative support, and offer additional organisational capacity.
- Preparing papers for internal meetings and taking meeting minutes (when required).
- Deputising for colleagues during absence.
- Working with the wider Cathedral team (staff, volunteers and congregation) to ensure the fulfilment of Chapter’s strategy and vision.
- IT competent and confident; using MS Office, and happy to learn and use the Cathedral database.
- An organised and meticulous approach with real attention to detail.
- A capable and polite communicator, who can easily establish good working relationships both internally and externally.
- You will be someone who prides yourself on your organisation and ability to finish tasks.
- Ability to work in a timely and efficient fashion to agreed deadlines.
- Have a can-do attitude and be able to work within a team or on own.
- Empathy with the ethos of the Church of England.
- Experience within a similar role.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as those from global majority groups and those with a disability are currently under-represented in our staff team, we would particularly welcome applications from people from these communities
For full job description and person specification, download our Admin Support Officer recruitment pack.
How to apply
Forms can also be returned by post to: Recruitment, Birmingham Cathedral St Philips, Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2QB
- Deadline for Applications: Monday 25 September 2023 at midday
- Interviews will be held at the cathedral on Friday 6 October 2023