The sell-out immersive sound and light show returns to Birmingham Cathedral in 2024!
World-renowned light and sound projection company Luxmuralis will be returning to Birmingham Cathedral in January 2024, with their sell-out light and sound experience ‘Divine Beauty at Night’.
This immersive experience, based on the cathedral’s four remarkable stained-glass windows, tells the story of the windows, their imagery and their history.
Colourful patterns and sections from the windows will be projected onto the inside of the cathedral, accompanied by specially commissioned music. This unique piece of art will bring the story of the windows to life through an emotive story.
This spectacular performance is suitable for all ages
Important information about this event
- We will aim to ensure entry to the cathedral within your 30-minute ticketed time slot. Please do not arrive outside of this time as this will impact the flow of visitors through the experience.
- Entry to the performance will be on a continuous basis to ensure the cathedral remains at a safe capacity throughout the evening. This means there will be a queuing system outside – so please ensure you wear warm clothing.
- We recommend visitors watch the performance at least twice through. You may be admitted part-way through a showing if capacity allows but can stay as long as you wish.
- This event is a fully immersive experience and includes bright moving lights, loud sounds and music. While this is suitable for all ages, please ensure all visitors attending are comfortable with this.
- There are no public toilets or refreshments available at the cathedral during the event.
If you have any issues purchasing tickets via Eventbrite, please call the cathedral office on 0121 262 1840.
Tickets are non-refundable. All proceeds from this event will go towards conserving our Burne-Jones windows. There will be an opportunity to make an additional donation towards this work when booking if you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this experience suitable for all?
This event is a fully immersive experience and includes bright flashing and moving lights, accompanied by loud music. Please ensure this is something that all attendees are comfortable with. Access to the event is step-free and there will be space inside to move around, sit or lie down as you wish.
Is there seating?
There will be limited seating set out inside to enable people to move around during the experience. If you would require any additional seating, our team can arrange this when you arrive.
How long does the show last?
The show is 15 minutes long, and visitors can stay as long as they wish. Entry will aim to be within your 30-minute window and therefore you may be admitted part-way through a showing . This will keep the queue moving outside. We advise visitors to watch the experience twice through.
Can I take photos and videos?
Yes – this is encouraged! We advise that you enjoy the show through once without taking photos in order to enjoy it fully, and then a second time to capture your favourite parts. No tripods to be used inside the cathedral.
Can I change my ticket time?
Yes – subject to availability, you can transfer your ticket to an alternative date or timeslot. We are not offering refunds for this event, as all proceeds will be going towards our conservation work on our windows.
How will the ticket times work?
The time windows allocated are designed to keep the queue moving outside the cathedral so please try to arrive on time so you can get inside during your 30-minute window. Our team will assist those unable to wait outside as quickly as possible, while maintaining a safe number of people inside.
Divine Beauty is generously supported by National Lottery players, via The National Lottery Heritage Fund.